Saturday 29 May 2010

Do long distance relationships really work.......???????

Four weeks ago I've had the pleasure to meet a special someone.
After 2 hours of intense flirting and chatting I realised that maybe this is it (yeah I know, 2 hours is not a lot but when it happens it happens)
Then the bomb dropped and I just wished I had never met this person at all instead of learning that as from the next day Internet communication would be our only communication, as a few thousand miles were gonna be between us.
Sicily and London are not the furthest places in the world but at the same time dinner or lunch brakes are just not an option, unless that bloody star trek finally start selling that bloody machine that transports you from one place to another in seconds (sci-fi is not one of my strongest points as you can tell by my knowledge of terminology or lack of it)
Now four weeks down the line, after endless hours of webcam chatting (and by chatting I do mean chatting and nothing else) I can feel the passion slowly fading away.  We are both old enough to be realistic and we have started talking about maybe calling it a day.  At the same time we are both old enough to know that when you find the one you have to do your utmost to never let them go.
Where is this gonna go and is it the end of something "small" or the beginning of something "big"..??
Update to follow................

1 comment:

Gina Bunton said...

what a great question, which, I believe a lot of us out there ponder on daily. I am 2 years into a long distance relationship...phone, email, misunderstandings, lonely nights, u name it we got it...and then there is the joy of seeing each other again (at least on my part), the hope that you can make it work (if you try very hard, are very patient and believe that dreams can come true)... it is hard but isn't it even harder to actually find someone you truly love and would do anything for? I know I waited 33 years to find him, so I can't bring myself to let him go, no matter how hard it is.